Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- Cookies”: data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Log files”: track actions occurring on the Site that collect data, including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels”: electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you register and become a User through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, email details, phone number, and ID verification documents. We refer to this information as “User Information.”
How we use personal information
We use the User Information that we collect generally to fulfill any User support through the Site (including processing your payouts, arranging communications, and providing you with invoices and/or payout support). Additionally, we use this User Information to communicate with you, and to screen your completed orders and payment details for potential risks, plagiarism, or fraud.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our Users browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our User experience optimisation efforts).
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our Users use the Site.
You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access any Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, if you are awaiting payment through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information can be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you become a User through the Site, we will maintain your User Information for our records unless, and until, you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18.
By submitting any completed content to 24writers.com, the Writer transfers the copyright to that content, which may include, but is not limited to, displaying, copying, modifying, publishing, and distributing it. This content may include, but is not limited to, draft documents, final documents, draft images, final images, draft tables, final tables, draft spreadsheets, final spreadsheets, etc.
The User cannot share this content with any entities or individuals outside of 24writers.com without explicit permission from 24writers.com. Failure to comply will result in account termination without the release of any payments due.
What are cookies?
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies could affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The cookies we set
- Site preferences cookies: In order to provide you with the best experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called up whenever you interact with a page.
- This site uses Google Analytics, which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions currently on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third-party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or the pages you visit. This helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience on the site, whilst also ensuring we understand which optimisations our Users appreciate the most.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and, as was previously mentioned, if there is something that you are not sure whether you need or not, it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected].